I went to see a pediatrician about Ricky's myoclonic jerk response to television and computer screens. I downloaded the video I posted on our blog to my mp3 player. When the doctor walked into the room and asked why we came in today, instead of explaining I showed him the video clips.
The doctor asked if he could take the mp3 player and show the clips to the neurologist down the hall. A few minutes later he came back and relayed what the neurologist said and we scheduled a neuro appointment for when we get back from our trip, that's assuming Ricky's Kaiser coverage has been reinstated (that's another long story).
Bottom line: The myoclonic jerk is probably a "tick" that is triggered by the visual stimulation of a video screen and is theoretically harmless. The doctor thanked me for bringing in the video clips and said the neurologist was impressed.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment