Thursday, November 19, 2009

A little update

I realize that I don't post very much here. With Facebook and our Why Homeschool Blog, I run out of words.

So here's a quick update.

Ricky is enjoying preschool (which is twice a week). He has speech therapy twice a week and will be going to 3 times a week in December. He is making a lot more sounds and word approximations. He does such a good job of communicating non-verbally that it is easy for him to get by without talking.

Ellen, Madelyn and Claire all finished their soccer season last Saturday. What a relief to have soccer over.

Madelyn has joined Claire's band ensemble group for the Christmas in park performance. On Wednesday, our little band ensemble group almost doubled with the addition of 3 violins (one of which was Madelyn), and two percussionists. I'm also playing baritone with the group.

Claire and I had our last performance of the year with the South Bay Philharmonic. I'm a vital member of the group even though I'm a mediocre trumpet player: I'm the only one with a vehicle (our 12 seater van) which is big enough to move the timpani drums. For the last two performances, we moved the timpanis 4 times.

We are looking forward to our train trip on Thanksgiving day. We will take the sleeper car to Seattle. We board at 8:30 pm and will arrive the next evening at the same time. While in Seattle, we will visit our various Cate relatives.

I've run out of words. Next time I will get one of the girls to post.

No comments: