Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Animal Farm

This week I read Animal Farm by George Orwell.

It is an analogy of the Russian Revolution. The story is told through the eyes of animals that overthrow their drunken farmer.

The animals then make rules for the farm and all starts off well.

The pigs quickly rise to power. The two main pigs Napoleon and Snowball vie for control. Then Napoleon raises two litters of puppies and turns them into his private fighting force which he uses to chase Snowball off the farm.

After that things go down hill rapidly. By the end their society was far worse off then when the drunken farmer was in charge.

Early on in the book when they are forming laws one of the laws they make was “All animals are equal.” By the end of the book that law has changed to, “All animals are equal but some are more equal then others.”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Madelyn,

You wrote an excellent review of "Animal Farm".

Have you read any of the "Animal Farm" reviews at Amazon.com? I really enjoy reading the reviews other people have written about books that I've read.