Sunday, January 22, 2012

Rain and Seminary

It's raining! We finally got some rain! It has been really cold and frigid. (about 30 degrees in the morning!) But oddly enough after the rain it's been a bit warmer. I guess the clouds act as insulation.

Tonight is the 100 anniversary of seminary broadcast fireside. There will be a fireside at the stake center from Utah by Elder Packer. I wonder if seminary was always early morning. I hope we'll get some history of it tonight! Another good thing about the broadcast is that there's no seminary tomorrow because of it! Yeah! Whole extra hour of sleep!

Also tonight Claire has a Zion's Choir performance. Dad's driving her and some of the other Zion's Choir people from our ward up. I don't think they'll make it to the broadcast since it's pretty far away.

Today in church there were two really good talks on genealogy. It made me feel really excited about it.

Yesterday Mom and Dad went shooting and when they got back Claire and I did a gun shot residue test on their hands. We have to send the swabs into a lab so I don't know when we'll get the results back. Mostly it was for practice since we did Forensic's last year and didn't get to that lab.

Well, that's the end of my ramblings for today,
Madelyn

2 comments:

jessica said...

How was the broadcast? Did you learn any fun facts about seminary?

Madelyn Cate said...

The broadcast was great! I really enjoyed it! It was really neat to hear about how seminary started and how much it has grown!